Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, remain on premises during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick or perfume on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Stegmann prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- Please abstain from and illicit drugs or any form of cannabis/marijuana(including edibles and topicals) for 3 days prior to surgery. Usage prior to an anesthetic can be both dangerous and alter the effectiveness of of the anesthesia.